Dyments Farm in Dundas, Ontario


Kleinfeld Hudson’s Bay

Deanne MacRae Photography

The story begins in 2008 during the first couple months of first year university. My best friend went to Western university and I went to Guelph university. Her sister and I decided to head up to London to see what the Western hype was all about. We met her awesome group of friends during those times and found out why she loved London so much.

Fast forward to 2011, after many New Years at Wasaga beach, parties, and flip cup games, we went to a mutual friends cottage.

Fast forward a little bit more to 2013. I remember May 24, 2013 like it was yesterday. I was in bed watching the Simpsons and I receive a photo of Chris on top of the Eiffel Tower. From that moment, we talked more and more, and soon it became daily. That was the first summer I spent a couple weekends in Grand Bend and soon after it became a yearly tradition. That was also the year that he started coming to Guelph frequently, not so coincidentally.

In 2014, we took our first trip together on a cruise with our very best friends, went to our first Boots and Hearts, and went to our first Leafs game. Chris was always there for me when I needed someone to talk to, tutor me (especially in stats), and go on adventures with. At the end of 2014, I decided to embark on a journey on a cruise ship and Chris was my number one supporter (at least he said he was). It was difficult to get internet, but Chris made sure that he messaged me as much as he could. He even set me a care package, that included all of my favourite things AND an iPod with all new country music. It was the sweetest gesture and meant so much to me.

In 2015, Chris visited me during a port day in the Bahamas. We spent the day in Atlantis and had the greatest time! When I came home, we spent a ton of time together doing so many fun things, some of the best were Wonderland, ALL of the country bars, Boots and Hearts, Punta Cana, and did our VERY FIRST escape room. I returned to working on the ship in the end of August, after MANY delayed and cancelled flights – it was fate! After a short contract, I realized how much I missed home (and maybe Chris too), so I packed my bags. I returned home in November 2015, Chris picked me up from the airport, and the rest is history. One of the first things we did was go to a Leaf game, naturally. Since then, we’ve been inseparable. We’ve been through a LOT more than most couples do in their first years in their relationship, and Chris had a lot of patience with me during my “he’s just a friend phase.”

Chris planned the perfect proposal that included an escape room and my brother and sister in law. Our wedding and my dress were absolutely perfect and I wouldn’t change a thing!